Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or a current franchise investor looking to diversify your portfolio? If so, Batteries Plus has ambitious plans for 2024, and we are seeking motivated entrepreneurs to join our quickly-growing franchise.
Diversify with Commercial Business
Many people think of Batteries Plus as a strictly retail operation, and while our retail operation is essential, we also have a highly profitable commercial side to our business. “One of our specialties is providing customized solutions for businesses, local governments, schools, and more throughout hundreds of communities around the country,” said Scott O’Farrell, Chief Commercial Officer of Batteries Plus.
We are the power and lighting provider of choice for over 250,000 commercial customers, including educational facilities, fire and security providers, property management firms, contractors, manufacturing companies, and federal & local governments.
Commercial accounts provide a lucrative additional revenue stream for our franchisees, which is essentially endless. As a franchisee, you can build as many commercial accounts as desired, and once they’ve been established, they provide you with a reliable source of long-term revenue.
A Record-Breaking Year in Commercial Sales
For Batteries Plus, 2023 was a banner year in commercial sales, with even more success on the horizon. We predict a 6-8% sales growth in 2024, driven by a record third year of double-digit growth in the B2B segment. Here are a few highlights from 2023:
- Added 48 new national partnerships in 2023 for a 19% increase in partners
- National partnerships saw a 60% growth year-over-year, with $25M in sales for 2023
- A national partnership with Assurant T-Mobile Pilot for screen & device repairs that was rolled out in 94 stores, generating $4.7M
- Through our partnership with Quad, franchisees have access to a convenient one-stop shop for batteries. With availability in over 700+ locations on a national level, we ensure consistent pricing on over 120+ contracted items. Quad also offers a portal to mainstream procurement by managing all orders.
- Deals in Oklahoma City to provide backup power to their traffic lights, city water pumps, and tornado sirens
- Multi-year contract to provide lighting to the State of Oklahoma
- Multi-year contract to provide batteries to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for their critical systems
- Partnership with the Fleet Services of the city of Las Cruces and Dõna Ana County to provide batteries to over 1,000 squad cars and public safety vehicles
Achieve More with Commercial Sales Training
All this talk about commercial accounts may sound intimidating, but Batteries Plus is deeply committed to your success. We don’t merely allow you to build commercial accounts, we invest the time and tools to help you make it happen. As a Batteries Plus franchisee, you’ll receive a week of commercially focused training, during which our Commercial Sales Coach will help teach you how to locate and secure commercial partnerships.
Additionally, our Commercial and National Sales team actively pursue local accounts throughout the country and pass them on to franchisees in our network.
Is There a Batteries Plus Franchise in Your Future?
It’s an exciting time at Batteries Plus franchise. Our work in the commercial landscape is achieving record-breaking results, and we’re just getting started. Contact us today to learn more.